Home / news / Almost fifth of murders in England and Wales committed by ex-inmates on parole, shocking figures reveal – “Early releases of offenders, particularly when a victim is not provided with robust safeguards and ongoing support, can and do put women at further risk.”

Almost fifth of murders in England and Wales committed by ex-inmates on parole, shocking figures reveal – “Early releases of offenders, particularly when a victim is not provided with robust safeguards and ongoing support, can and do put women at further risk.”

Nearly fifth of murders in England and Wales dedicated by ex-inmates on parole, surprising figures reveal – “Early releases of offenders, significantly when a sufferer just isn’t supplied with sturdy safeguards and ongoing assist, can and do put girls at additional danger.”

View Reddit by ManiaforBeatlesView Source

9 comments

  1. This is the title I see for the article:

    > Almost fifth of murders in England and Wales committed by ex-inmates on parole, shocking figures reveal

    Nothing about women. In the article itself women are mentioned, but no information about them being more victim compared to man. So I really don’t understand why this article (and OPs title) seem to focus on women.

  2. This doesn’t tell the whole story. What percentage of murder victims are people who were former victims of the parolee (is that the correct term in the UK?) and how many were new to the parolee after release?

    Do they have a victim advocacy program that informs victims of things like domestic violence that the perpetrator has been released? Doesn’t necessarily help, I know but it could if they don’t have it. The article seemed to kind of hint that the murder victims tended to be women and children, but didn’t outright state so.

  3. Headlines on the second-to-last day of the world: “World to End Tomorrow, Women and Minorities Hit Hardest”

  4. They should work on mental health more while the people are in prison

  5. People don’t change…..

  6. About 6 of them will make MLB

  7. Maybe they can try castration next.

  8. So you are safer with an ex-inmate (20% chance of getting killed) versus the general population (80% chance)?

Leave a Reply to blanchae Cancel reply