Home / news / Corona … Hospitals in France and Russia are full of infected people, and the Health Organization warns against adopting herd immunity

Corona … Hospitals in France and Russia are full of infected people, and the Health Organization warns against adopting herd immunity

Many countries continue their efforts to combat second waves of infection with the emerging Coronavirus, as France and Russia announced that their hospitals were full of infected people, while the Director-General of the World Health Organization warned against adopting the theory of “herd immunity.”

The total number of confirmed cases of the virus in the world has exceeded 38 million since its appearance in China late last year, according to the statistics platform “Worldometer”.

Today, Tuesday, several countries recorded record numbers for them in terms of injuries or deaths, including Russia, the Netherlands and Jordan.

The Russian authorities said that they had counted 244 deaths within 24 hours as a result of the disease (Covid-19) caused by the virus, surpassing the previous record since the beginning of the outbreak of the epidemic in the country.

For the third consecutive day, Russia recorded more than 13 thousand new infections, as today it counted 13 thousand and 868 cases. The authorities announced that the occupancy rate of hospital beds for (Covid-19) patients reached 90%.

For the third day, Russia records more than 13,000 new infections (Anatolia)

Paris Hospitals

In France, the director of Paris hospitals expected that those infected with the virus would occupy 90% of the intensive care beds in the French capital’s hospitals soon.

Martin Hirsch, who heads 39 hospitals in Paris and its suburbs, told Le Parisien, “It is inevitable. By October 24, there will be at least 800 to 1,000 Covid patients in intensive care, and that represents.” 70 to 90% of our current capacity. “

This possibility imposes more pressure on President Emmanuel Macron, who is expected to announce the tightening of restrictions in a television interview on Wednesday evening.

Macron met with senior ministers this morning to assess potential measures to slow the second wave of infections. Media reports have speculated that the new measures may include curfews in Paris, and other cities have been put on high alert due to the high number of cases.

Million checks in China

On the other hand, the authorities in China rushed to complete the Corona virus tests for all residents of Qingdao, after discovering a small focus of infection on Sunday.

“As of 8:00 am, our city has performed 3.08 million examinations,” the Qingdao Health Commission said in a statement Tuesday. Authorities hope to finish testing the entire population of 9.4 million by Thursday.

Resumption of Friday prayers in Morocco

Meanwhile, the precautionary measures continue to be eased in other countries, as the authorities in Morocco announced the resumption of Friday prayers, starting from the end of this week, after suspending them for months, and the expansion of the reopening of mosques in general.

Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca (Reuters)

The Ministry of Islamic Affairs said in a statement, “It has been decided to raise the number of open mosques to 10,000 mosques, and to hold Friday prayers in them, in addition to the five daily prayers,” starting from the next Friday prayer on October 16th.

The authorities had reopened 5,000 mosques without holding Friday prayers in them in mid-July, out of more than 51,000 mosques in the Kingdom that had been closed since March to counter the spread of the Corona virus.

Meanwhile, the Director-General of the World Health Organization – Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus – warned against letting the Corona virus spread in the hope of reaching so-called herd immunity.

Ghebreyesus said in his statements Monday, that access to herd immunity is done by protecting people from a virus, and not exposing them to it, stressing that “allowing a dangerous virus that we do not fully understand to be released freely is simply immoral.” .

He pointed out that “the concept of herd immunity is used for vaccines, through which it is possible to protect people from a specific virus if the required threshold for vaccination is reached. For example, for measles, if 95% of a particular population is vaccinated, the remaining 5% is considered protected.” .




Source link

Leave a Reply