Home / news / France .. Continued investigation of the perpetrator of the Paris attack and the arrest of 9 others

France .. Continued investigation of the perpetrator of the Paris attack and the arrest of 9 others

The French authorities have arrested 9 people pending investigation, in the attack that took place in Paris last Friday, which resulted in the serious injury of two people in front of the old headquarters of the Charlie Hebdo magazine.

Security sources said that the police arrested today, Sunday, 6 former colleagues of the main suspect in carrying out the attack in the residence, his younger brother, and an acquaintance.

The authorities are continuing to investigate the main suspect, who admitted that he wanted to target the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.

And a judicial source said that the police arrested the accused at noon on Friday in the center of Paris, and it was decided on Sunday to extend this period to 48 hours.

A source close to the investigation said that “the main perpetrator of the attack is called Hassan A., aged 18 years, born in Mendi Bahauddin in Pakistan, and he speaks little French, but an interpreter for Urdu was secured during his arrest.”

The suspect believed that the weekly was still in its old headquarters in the 11th arrondissement in Paris, according to one of the sources, who explained that the attack came “in the context of re-publishing the cartoons (of the Prophet Muhammad), which he did not accept.”

And the identity of Hassan A. It belongs to a teenager who arrived in France when he was a minor 3 years ago, and was ensured by social services in the Paris region until he reached the age of majority last August, and he did not show “any sign of extremism,” according to the authorities.

“He is a polite person,” his neighbor Josiane told AFP. “I used to see him sitting in the hallway with his phone, he was helping me carry things.”

And the Charlie Hebdo newspaper had previously moved its headquarters after it was subjected to an armed attack in 2015 that left 12 people dead and 11 wounded.

The attack came – at that time – after a widespread outrage in the Islamic world over the magazine’s publication of 12 cartoons insulting to the Prophet Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace.

The magazine reprinted the same cartoons in its issue issued early this month, and editor Laurent Sorriso wrote in the editorial, “We will never give up.”




Source link

Leave a Reply