A White House medical official said that US President Donald Trump began taking anti-virus drugs for the emerging corona virus, at a time when Trump confirmed that his health was improving, while an American official confirmed that the powers of the president would not be transferred to his deputy.
The White House doctor explained that President Trump began taking the anti-Corona virus remdesivir, and that he did not need additional oxygen.
Trump wrote late on Friday that he was improving, adding in a tweet after his transfer to a military hospital: “I am getting better, I think! Thank you all and I love you.”
The White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, told reporters – yesterday, Friday – that the president had “slight symptoms” of the Corona virus, and that he was being monitored by a medical staff. Meadows said that Trump was “in good spirits,” noting that the president is active and the White House continues to operate.
Trump was transferred to Walter Reed Military Hospital on board the Marine One helicopter, and CBS said that Trump was not transferred to Walter Reed’s emergency room, but was transferred directly to the presidential wing of the hospital.
The White House spokeswoman said – in a written statement – that the president will stay in the hospital as a precaution, and he is in good psychological condition, with some mild symptoms.
CNN has quoted sources as saying that Trump has had a fever since Friday morning, and the Washington Post – quoting sources – said that Trump was suffering from a mild fever, cough, nasal congestion and other symptoms, while Fox reported. “(FOX NEW) News about a high-ranking US administration official that Trump is not having difficulty breathing and that such reports are shameful.
Regarding the circle surrounding Trump, US media revealed that his election campaign manager Bill Stephen was infected with the Corona virus.
Killian Conway, a former Trump adviser, was also infected with the Corona virus, becoming the president’s latest aide to be infected with the virus. Conway said – in a tweet on Twitter – “Tonight I was confirmed with the Covid-19 virus, my symptoms are mild (mild cough) and I feel fine,” and added, “I have started the quarantine process in consultation with the doctors.”
Conway attended the White House Rose Garden event dedicated to the announcement of Trump’s nominee for the US Supreme Court, Amy Connie Barrett.
US Senator Tom Tillis also announced that he had been infected with the Corona virus, to be the fourth Senator to be infected with the epidemic. Tillis, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, was also present at the Rose Garden event, and he also met Judge Barrett in Congress on Wednesday.
No transfer of powers
On the other hand, tests proved that Vice President Mike Pence and his wife, Karen, were not infected with the new Corona virus, according to press secretary David O’Malley.
O’Malley said – in a tweet to him on Twitter – “As has been the norm for months, Vice President Pence is subjected to a daily Covid-19 test. The tests have proven that neither the vice president nor the second lady have been infected with Covid-19 disease.”
The White House doctor also said – in a statement issued by the President’s administration – that Pence does not need to self-isolate and may continue to continue his normal activities.
The doctor stated that Pence “is not considered to be in close contact with any individual whose tests for the Corona virus were positive,” adding that this includes President Trump, and said that “Vice President Mike Pence does not need to be isolated.”
In the context, the White House spokeswoman said that President Trump has not transferred his powers to his deputy, Mike Pence, and will continue to perform his duties from the presidential offices at Walter Reed Hospital during the next few days.