The Italian soccer club Juventus announced today, Saturday, that the entire team is subject to isolation, after two members of the support team were infected with the Corona virus.
Juventus, who is scheduled to host Napoli on Sunday, confirmed that the injured are not among “the players or members of the technical and medical staff.”
“This measure will allow all members who have tested negative to control the controls of conducting training exercises and preparing for matches as usual, but they will not be allowed to communicate outside the group,” the club said in a statement.
“The club is in constant contact with the competent health authorities,” he added.
Statement | Team precautionary isolation
More details: https://t.co/OQkIEDvDw4 pic.twitter.com/EvjgLpJpUb
– JuventusFC (@Juventusfcar) October 3, 2020
Italian news agencies reported that local health authorities prevented Naples from traveling to Turin due to the possibility of an outbreak of the Corona virus in the team.
There was no immediate comment from Naples on the matter, but speculation arose on Saturday about the postponement of Napoli’s match with Juventus in the Italian league due to the first travel ban.
On Friday, Napoli said that the test result of the Polish midfielder, Piotr Gelinski, and a member of the coaching staff, had tested positive for the virus, and that his player, Elv Elmas, was also infected with Corona, 5 days after hosting Genoa, who suffered a series of injuries.
During the processing of the last 4 swabs, the footballer Elif Elmas tested positive for Covid-19.
— Official SSC Napoli (@sscnapoli) October 3, 2020
Yesterday, Genoa, whose home match against Turin was postponed today, Friday, revealed the injury of two other players and a member of the supporting team, bringing the total number to 19 last week.