Yesterday, Wednesday, the Government of National Accord forces announced the landing of two military cargo planes at an air base in the city of Sirte, which is under the control of the forces of retired Major General Khalifa Haftar, while the head of the Presidency Council of the Libyan government, Fayez al-Sarraj and Algerian President Abdel-Majid Tebboune, yesterday discussed Algerian assistance to maintain electricity in the capital. Tripoli.
The Anadolu Agency quoted the spokesman for the Sirte Al-Jafra Liberation Operations Room, Brigadier General Abdul-Hadi Dara, that the Sirte and Jufrah regions are witnessing military build-ups of Haftar’s forces and Russian mercenaries, and they have not stopped for a while.
Dara added that the Brak al-Shati base (south) witnessed during the past two days military exercises, during which various weapons were used and in which the Russian mercenaries participated, pointing out that a group of Haftar’s forces arrived at an Egyptian base in the region in order to train them militarily.
Drah indicated that the Sirte and Jufrah regions are witnessing difficult humanitarian conditions, including robbery, robbery and shooting at civilians.
Tripoli Electricity Reform
On the other hand, the head of the Presidency Council of the Libyan government, Fayez al-Sarraj, and the Algerian President, Abdel Majid Tebboune, touched, in a phone call, to the necessity of stopping negative foreign interference in the Libyan affairs, and the importance of the dialogue between Libyans leading to legislative and presidential elections as soon as possible, according to an office statement. Os.
Tebboune welcomed Algeria’s contribution to maintaining the electricity network, and the immediate dispatch of an Algerian team to Libya to accomplish this mission, according to the Libyan statement.
The Algerian presidency announced sending a technical team to the Libyan capital, Tripoli, today, Thursday, in response to a request for assistance from the Libyan government to repair a defect in the power plant that supplies Tripoli.
Haftar’s attacks on Tripoli caused civilian deaths and injuries, as well as extensive damage to the infrastructure.
Between September 6 and 10, Morocco hosted a first round of the Libyan dialogue between the delegation of the Supreme Council of State and the delegation of the Tobruk Parliament.
The two parties to the dialogue had reached a comprehensive agreement on the mechanism for assuming sovereign positions, and the resumption of the sessions in the last week of last month. To complete the necessary procedures regarding activation and implementation of the agreement.
Morocco is making strenuous efforts to save a second round of dialogue, which was scheduled to start in the Kingdom on Thursday. But it was postponed indefinitely for “logistical reasons,” according to what Anadolu Agency quoted two members of the Libyan Supreme Council of State.
In the context, US Defense Secretary Mark Esper said that his country is ready to contribute to reaching a peaceful solution to end the crisis in Libya during his visit to Tunisia on Wednesday.
Esper said during his meeting with Tunisian President Kais Said, “The United States is ready to contribute to finding a peaceful solution that would put an end to the crisis in Libya and contribute to achieving stability in the region,” explaining that Washington “supports Tunisia’s position calling for a Libyan-Libyan political solution without any.” External interference. “