Home / news / Ronaldo misses Juventus against Barcelona due to a positive coronavirus test

Ronaldo misses Juventus against Barcelona due to a positive coronavirus test

The Spanish newspaper “MARCA” reported that Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo will not be able to play with his Italian team, Juventus, against Barcelona, ​​next Wednesday, in the second round of the European Champions League. Because of the positive second test, which he performed after being infected with the Coronavirus.

The newspaper said that according to UEFA protocols, a player is not allowed to participate in matches, unless a negative analysis result appears a week before the match.

Ronaldo was injured in Corona last week during his participation with his country’s national team in the camp in Lisbon, and he returned by private plane to Turin, Italy, after learning of the positive analysis in order to benefit from less quarantine in Italy, and can participate in the upcoming Barcelona match.

Marca said that Ronaldo will not give in to the matter, as he will take advantage of that the results of the last analysis showed the weakness of the virus, and that it is not contagious, to demand that Juventus be allowed to take a new test 48 hours before the Barcelona match, and if the result is negative, he will be able to play the match.

Ronaldo has not faced rival Lionel Messi, Barcelona’s captain, since his departure from Real Madrid 2018, as it was their last European confrontation in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League 2011.




Source link

Leave a Reply