Media reports talk about the interest of the Manchester City coach, Josep Guardiola, in contracting with Portuguese Robin Diaz, the center of the Portuguese Benfica defense, and that negotiations are underway to join him in exchange for 55 million euros.
But what is the story of this coach who spent 378 million euros to sign defenders, the last of whom was Nathan Aky, the Dutchman, for 45 million euros?
The decision of the “philosopher” coach to sign Diaz came after the French defender Jules Conde, Seville defender, and the Senegalese Coulibaly defender of Naples.
Since assuming the assignment of coaching “Citizens” in 2016, Guardiola has contracted with more than 10 defenders, most notably:
- Joao Cancelo, Portugal: 64 million euros
- French Emeric Laporte: 64 million euros
- French Benjamin Mendy: 57 million euros
- John Stones: 55 million euros
- Kylie Walker: 51.5 million euros
- Brazilian Danilo: 30 million euros
- Spaniard Angelino: 12 million euros
- Spaniard Pedro Buro: 12 million euros