21/12/2020–|Last updated: 12/21/202006:18 PM (Makkah)
Countries around the world suspended flights and travel from Britain after London announced the spread of a new strain of the emerging corona virus “out of control”, and restrictions sometimes included other countries where the new strain was discovered, such as South Africa and Denmark.
The following are the countries that have announced a travel ban so far:
Since midnight on Sunday, France has suspended all flights from Britain for a period of 48 hours, including those “related to the transport of goods by land, air, sea and railways,” and the ban on all shipments except for unaccompanied goods.
- Germany has suspended all flights with the United Kingdom and South Africa since midnight yesterday, and this ban will continue until December 31 in the first stage.
- Citizens from Britain by sea, rail or road are prohibited from entering Germany.
- Italy – in which people with the new strain of the virus had recently returned from Britain – decided to suspend flights from the United Kingdom.
- It has banned entry to people who have stayed there in the past 14 days, and anyone who is currently in Italy and recently traveled from Britain must undergo an examination for the new Corona virus.
Russia announced today, Monday, that it will suspend all flights for a week with Britain from midnight today.
Dublin announced that all flights from Britain will be banned from midnight yesterday, for a period of at least 48 hours.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said that as a result of the discovery of the new type of virus, Canada will ban all flights from Britain for a period of 72 hours.
- The Dutch government said that all passenger flights from Britain to the Netherlands have been banned until January 1.
- It announced a ban on the disembarkation of passengers from ferries from Britain upon their arrival at Dutch ports, explaining that ferries carrying cargo trucks and their drivers would be allowed to dock at the ports of Hoek-Van Holland, Rotterdam and Imauden.
- The Ministry of Health stated that one infection with the new strain of the virus was detected in the country.
Norway, Denmark and Sweden
- Norway and Denmark have suspended flights from the United Kingdom, starting today, for a period of 48 hours.
- Denmark detected 9 cases of the virus from the British strain on its soil.
- Sweden announced that it will ban flights from the United Kingdom, and an official decision is expected during the day as well.
Belgium has suspended all flights and trains from Britain for at least 24 hours since midnight yesterday.
The rest of Europe
- Finland suspended passenger flights from the United Kingdom for two weeks, starting today.
- Switzerland said it would suspend flights from Britain and South Africa, as a similar type of virus was discovered from midnight yesterday “until further notice.”
- The three Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania) have suspended all passenger flights from the United Kingdom.
- Bulgaria suspended flights to and from Britain until January 31.
- Romania has banned all flights to and from Britain for two weeks, starting this afternoon.
- Croatia suspended air traffic for passengers from the United Kingdom for 48 hours.
- Macedonia has suspended all flights from the United Kingdom and imposed a 14-day quarantine of all who stayed in it.
- Poland will suspend flights from the United Kingdom from midnight today.
- Hong Kong today announced the suspension of passenger flights from Britain, starting at midnight.
- Anyone arriving in Hong Kong after being in the UK in the previous 14 days will have to undergo a longer period of quarantine than currently in force.
India will suspend all flights from Britain until December 31.
Turkey announced the suspension of flights from Britain, Denmark, the Netherlands and South Africa.
The Ministry of Health has ordered the suspension of flights from Britain for two weeks.
Israel said it would prevent entry to foreigners coming from Britain, Denmark and South Africa, and announced the imposition of quarantine on Israelis returning from those countries in military-run hotels designated for quarantine.
- On Sunday, Saudi Arabia suspended all flights, and suspended entry through its land and sea ports for at least a week, with the option to extend for another week.
- Passengers who arrived in the Kingdom from Europe or any country in which the new strain was discovered as of December 8, will be required to isolate themselves for a period of two weeks and undergo a corona examination.
Kuwait added Britain to the list of “high risk” countries and banned flights.
The Jordanian government decided to stop flights coming from Britain for a period of two weeks, from today until January 3.
The Sultanate of Oman announced today the suspension of flights and the closure of its land and sea borders, starting tomorrow, Tuesday, for a period of one week.
- El Salvador announced that it will not allow anyone who has been in Britain or South Africa during the past 30 days to enter the country.
- Argentina has suspended flights from the United Kingdom, and Chile will do the same as of Tuesday.
Morocco, West, sunset
Morocco has suspended flights from the United Kingdom since Sunday.