Saudi TV reported that the Saudi-led military coalition in Yemen had destroyed an explosive drone launched by the Houthis towards the Kingdom.
The coalition spokesman, Turki Al-Maliki, said that yesterday evening, Wednesday, the coalition forces were able to intercept and destroy an explosively formed drone, adding that the plane was launched by the Houthi group in a systematic and deliberate manner. To target civilian objects and civilians in the southern region.
The spokesman did not specify the starting point of the plane and the place of its destruction, while there was no immediate comment from the Houthi group in this regard.
Saudi Arabia accuses the Houthis from time to time of launching drones and missiles to attack strategic targets.
Meanwhile, the Saudi ambassador to Washington, Rima Bint Bandar, said that her country will continue to support the political solution in Yemen; But it will defend its national security.
The ambassador added, in a speech during the Arab American Forum for Policy Makers, that the Houthis and Iran – whom she accused of financing them – are the ones who have violated all agreements, and are preventing aid from reaching the Yemeni people, she said.
In another context, a source in the medical committee in the Yemeni governorate of Taiz said that the Emirati-backed Transitional Council militants were holding about 50 wounded and preventing them from traveling abroad to receive treatment.
The source added that the Transitional Council militants in the city of Aden detained the wounded, last Saturday, confiscated their passports, and prevented them from continuing their travel by land towards the Sultanate of Oman for treatment.
A source in the Taiz Wounded Association said that the detainees were sleeping on buses and in an abandoned apartment building in Lahj governorate, under harsh conditions awaiting permission to cross from Aden, which has been controlled by the Transitional Council since August of last year.